Friday, April 15, 2011

Everything but the Kitchen Sink Brown Sugar Scrub

AWWWWW… That is what you say when you watch as your favorite brown sugar facial scrub goes down the drain, thanks you your 6 year old who just wanted to “use a little…” I am not typically one of those girly types but this scrub is to die for, in my opinion, and it is probably one of the few “girly” things I have in my bathroom. I love it, and apparently so did my son. Bless him he felt so bad, and then my husband wanted to see what the big deal was so he tried a little drop that was left on the counter and he claimed “this stuff is pretty awesome…” Great state the obvious, make us feel even worse. ;) Later that night I awoke and had a thought that in that moment was simply brilliant (if I do say so myself). Who says everything in your kitchen HAS to be for consumption? We have brown sugar in the refrigerator, why can’t I make some of this myself? At least something that will do until I can buy my little slice of heaven again. So the next day over lunch I found myself making Brown sugar body scrub instead of my typical pb&j. If you want some too here is what you need to do. Everything but the Kitchen Sink Brown Sugar Scrub

  • 1 cup organic brown sugar

  • 1/3 cup organic white sugar

  • 2-3 tablespoons of organic coconut oil (melted)

  • ¼ cup of local honey
Mix the above together with your hand mixer and put in an old mason jar. To use: wet hands add a scoop of mixture and scrub away. Verdict is it works great and the best thing is I had all the ingredients in my own pantry. So it was very inexpensive and I know exactly what went into it. I do think I will have to put this mixture in a jar with a wider mouth though, to make it easier for my hand to scoop it out. The boys have already requested their own jar and I caught DH showering in my shower so he could use my good stuff. It looks like I will be making some more real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment